Ahead of a flurry of activity in 2012 to mark the twentieth anniversary of their first proper single release, Underworld announce the release of two compilations of singles, rarities and collaborations.
Firstly, the band have revisited the 1992-2002 anthology and refreshed it with more material to go some way to complete the picture of the first two decades of Underworld in a 3-disc set.
To compliment that release, the band have compiled a single disc set A Collection which features edited highlights for those who prefer things short, sweet and to the point. A Collection features many of the bands biggest tracks alongside recent collaborations with High Contrast featuring Tiesto & Underworld (The First Note is Silent), Mark Knight & D. Ramirez (Downpipe) and Brian Eno (Beebop Hurry)
The two packages, 1992-2012 and A Collection will be available from
underworldlive.com from 4th December 2011 as digital downloads or to pre-order as a physical CD version.
As we hate having to keep you waiting here on underworldlive.com, anyone who pre-orders the CD (or CDs) from underworldlive.com will instantly receive a download (as mp3s) for no extra cost. Pre-ordered CDs will ship w/c 16th January to arrive on or very shortly after the official street date of 23rd January. Both albums will also be available from other good music outlets including all the usual suspects such as HMV, Amazon, Play, iTunes digitally and to pre-order from 4th December, with physical stock being available from 23rd January 2012, links below.
Since releasing Barking late in 2010, Rick Smith and Karl Hyde have toured extensively across the globe. Their last UK show was a sold out headline gig on Clapham Common. They have also sound-tracked Danny Boyles hugely acclaimed award-winning production of Nick Dears Frankenstein at the National Theatre.
Underworld will announce plans for 2012 in the run up to Christmas.
A Collection features:
1. The First Note Is Silent (with High Contrast & Tiesto)
3. Beebop Hurry (Karl Hyde and Brian Eno)
4. Downpipe (with Mark Knight and D. Ramirez)
6. To Heal
7. Two Months Off
9. Born Slippy (Nuxx)
10. Dark and Long (Dark Train) (2011 edit)
11. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You (2011 edit)
12. Pearls Girl
13. Cowgirl (live 2000)
14. Rez (2011 edit)
15. King Of Snake
Anthology 1992-2012 features:
1. Big Mouth
2. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You
6. Dirty Epic
7. Dark and Long (Dark Train)
1. Born Slippy (Nuxx)
2. Pearls Girl
4. 8 Ball
6. Two Months Off
7. To Heal
Disc 3 (unreleased tracks and rarities)
1. The Hump (The first ever release by Smith/Hyde/Emerson on the Tomato Recordings label. First time available on CD or digitally)
2. Big Meat Show (A staple of Underworld early live shows but never released on any format until now)
3. Minneapolis (The B-side of Lemon Interupts Dirty 12″. This is the rare full-length version, first time available digitally)
4. Why Why Why (The B-side of the pink vinyl issue of Rez. Only previously available in its full length on a Japanese import)
5. Oich Oich (Originally released only on Pearl’s Girl EP on Wax Trax/TVT/Junior Boys Own)
6. Second Hand (Specially recorded for the first and original Ibiza chill out album – Cafe del Mar Volume 1)
7. Parc (A live track – previously only released in Japan)
8. Simple Peal (Bonus track on Japanese edition of Barking)
9. JAL To Tokyo (Only ever released on vinyl and as part of the Riverrun series of digital-only EPs)
To pre-order you album:
International: Norway. Finland – A Collection, Anthology. Denmark – A Collection, Anthology. Sweden – Anthology, A Collection, both. Holland – A Collection, Anthology. Poland – Anthology, A Collection. Australia. Russia. USA – Anthology, A Collection. France – Anthology, A Collection. Germany – Anthology, A Collection.